The Shine Micro SF162SV-T3 is a low-power dual AIS receiver for solar powered applications; such as unmanned surface vehicles (USVs).
Shine Micro AIS receivers are internationally recognized for rugged construction, long-term reliability, and high-sensitivity AIS reception. In addition, the SF162SV-T3 features a compact form factor and low power consumption, making it ideal for deployment on self-contained platforms, USVs, and remote sites.
An Automatic Identification System, or AIS, reports identification information including Vessel Name, Size, Position, Course, Cargo, and more. AIS Transponders are mandatory on all SOLAS vessels, and used voluntarily by many non-SOLAS vessels. The global adoption of AIS ensures that valuable details about vessel traffic are available for reception by the SF162SV-T3, and the versatility of USVs enable monitoring of remote locations like never before. The AIS data can be used in a wide variety of applications from maritime domain awareness and asset tracking to efficiency modeling and environmental protection.
The Signal Analysis capabilities of the SF162SV-T3 allow users to monitor AIS traffic signal strength levels. Low ambient noise level is a critical parameter for maximum AIS monitoring site performance. The ambient noise level output of the SF162SV-T3 can assist ongoing health monitoring of the installation.
SF162SV-T3 – Low-Power, Dual AIS Receivers for Unmanned Surface Vehicles
SF162SV-T3: Ideal for remote monitoring of AIS from USVs using a satellite uplink for data backhaul:
- Designation: Dual AIS Receiver
- Serial interface: RS-232 at 38400 or 115200 Baud
- Power Supply:0 -13.6 VDC
- Power Consumption:1 Watts
- Temperature Range:
- Storage: -30 to +70 degrees C
- Operation: -25 to +55 degrees C
- Compass safe distance: 1 meter
- Power/Data: 8 Position Terminal Strip
- AIS Antenna: Reverse Polarity SMA Jack
- GPS Antenna: SMA Jack
- Chassis Ground: # 10 Stud
- 12 Channel GNSS Receiver
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
- Length: 4 in. including flange
- Width: 3 in.
- Height: 3 in.
- Weight: < 1 lb.
This device is compliant with the portions of the following standards relevant to AIS receivers:
IEC62320-2 AIS for Aids to Navigation
IEC61993-2 Class A AIS transponders
IEC62287-1 Class B AIS transponders
- AIS Data Rate: 9,600 bits/s
- Sensitivity: PER ≤20% @ –107 dBm
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70 dB
- Co-Channel Rejection: 10 dB
- Blocking: 78 dB
- Inter-modulation: 65 dB
- Large Signal PER: 1% or less
- Image Rejection: ≥ 70 dB for 20% PER
- Spurious Rejection: ≥ 70 dB for 20% PER
FREQUENCIES AND CHANNEL BANDWIDTH
- RX Ch1:025 - 161.975 MHz at 25kHz BW
- RX Ch2:075 - 162.025 MHz at 25kHz BW
- Green/Red Bi-Color LED
- Housing Material: 6061-T6 aluminum
- Material Finish: clear anodized and powder coated
- Shock: 50G
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Shine Micro warrants its products to be free from defects for one full year from the date of purchase. Shine Micro will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Labor and material costs for such repairs or replacement will be free of charge. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accidents, or unauthorized alterations or repair.