The RadarPlus® SA161-UA is a globally-deployed, industry-proven AIS surveillance solution for integration at the circuit board level.
Over 250,000 ships worldwide transmit position and identity information via the Automatic Identification System (AIS). Increased AIS tracking range and concentration is achieved by Shine Micro AIS receivers for aircraft. Industry-leading sensitivity is attained through Shine Micro exclusive I/Q Synchronous demodulator technology, facilitating superior reception of noisy, weak signals.
- High Sensitivity
- Low Power Consumption
- Superior RF Input Protection
- Exclusive Shine Micro Enhanced
Signal Processing Software (ESP)
The SA161-UA features low power consumption of less than 2 watts, and exclusive Shine Micro Enhanced Signal Processing (ESP) software. A GPS input provides slot numbering, VDL loading, and packet time of arrival information when using the ESP software. Future software upgrades are easily installed via the serial port.
The SA161-UA is designed for board-level integration with self-contained surveillance systems such as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs), satellites, and more. Weighing just 2.50 oz. (70 g), the SA161-UA is ideal for land, sea, or airborne applications with limited payloads.
The ST162-T1 portable AIS Test Set is a recommended companion product to the SA161-UA, enabling operational optimization of AIS equipment and installations prior to deployment.
- Designation: Dual AIS Receivers
- Serial interface: RS232 (In) / TTL (Out)
- Power Supply: 9 - 16 VDC
- Power Consumption: < 2 watts
- Temperature Range: -15 to +55 degrees C
- Compass Safe Distance: 1 meter
- > 44,950 hours MTBF
Serial Interface Details
The serial interface of the SA161-UA conforms to ITU-R M. 1371-3 and NMEA 0183 data protocol with additional proprietary sentences. The received AIS messages are output as NMEA 0183 high-speed standard VDM sentences at 38400 baud. GPS position data is input using NMEA 0183 standard RS232 at 4800 baud.
To request full serial interface specifications, please contact us or call Shine Micro at (360) 437-2503.
Approximate Weights and Dimensions
- Width: 2.44 in. (62.0 mm)
- Length: 2.75 in. (69.9 mm)
- Height: 0.50 in. (12.7 mm)
- Weight: 2.50 oz. (70 g)
Frequencies and Channel Bandwidth
- RX AIS1: 161.975 MHz at 25 kHz
- RX AIS2: 162.025 MHz at 25 kHz
- I/O Interface: 10 pin header, 0.1" spacing, 025" square posts
- Antenna Interface: MCX Jack
- AIS Data Rate: 9600 bits/s (RF Input)
- Sensitivity: PER ≤ 20% @ –115 dBm
- Co-channel Rejection: -10 dB
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70 dB
- Blocking: 84 dB
- Intermodulation: 74 dB
- Large Signal PER: 1% or less
- Image Rejection: 70 dB
- Spurious Rejection: 70 dB
Enhanced Signal Processing
- Received Signal Strength Indication
- Slot Numbering*
- VDL Loading*
- Ambient Noise Measurement
- Packet Time of Arrival*
*GPS Input Required
Module I/O Connector Pin-Out
|1||BAT+ IN||+DC POWER||INPUT||+12 VDC NOM|
|3||1PPS_H||RS-232||INPUT||AVIONICS / GPS|
|4||GND||DC RTN (Power)||INPUT||DC RETURN|
|5||AIS_RXD_H||RS-232||INPUT||AVIONICS / AIS|
|6||GND||DC RTN (data)||INPUT||DC RETURN|
|7||GPS_RXD_H||RS-232||INPUT||AVIONICS / GPS|
|8||AIS_TXD||TTL||OUTPUT||AVIONICS / AIS|
|9||RESERVED||N/A||N/A||DO NOT CONNECT|
DO NOT CONNECT
Shine Micro warrants its products to be free from defects for one full year from the date of purchase. Shine Micro will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Labor and material costs for such repairs or replacement will be free of charge. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accidents, or unauthorized alterations or repair.