The SM1680 achieves over the horizon 200 NM* EEZ AIS monitoring from a shore station.
With four synchronized receivers on each AIS channel, the SM1680 is a Software Defined Radio (SDR) that utilizes troposcatter to achieve extended-range Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) AIS monitoring without the cost, latency, or other limitations of satellites.
*Individual site performance will vary based on factors such as elevation, topography, and interference.
New for 2022
- Enhanced performance
- More rugged and reliable
- Larger touchscreen
- Network display for remote access
- Fan-less enclosure
- 13.6 VDC input for solar/battery installations
- Designation: AIS RX base station
per ITU R M.1371-5
- Interface: TCP/IP Ethernet
- Power Requirement: 13.6 VDC
100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz to 13.6 VDC power supply included
- Power Consumption: <45 watts
- Temperature Range: -15 to +55 degrees C.
- AIS Data Rate: 9,600 bps
- Individual Receiver Sensitivity: ≤20% PER @ –119 dBm w/ SM1680 LNAs
- System Sensitivity: ≥ -125 dBm or better
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70 dB
- Blocking: 86 dB
- Intermodulation: 74 dB
- Large Signal PER: 1% or better
- Image Rejection: 70 dB
- Spurious Rejection: 70 dB
- Antenna Interface: Type N female
Dimensions and Weights
- Width: 19" rack mount
- Depth: 17.25"
- Height: 5.25" (3U)
- Weight: 36 lbs.
Frequencies and Channel Bandwidth
- RX AIS1: 161.975 MHz at 25 kHz
- RX AIS2: 162.025 MHz at 25 kHz
Full Color Touchscreen Display
- SM1680 Status
- 4-channel Spectrum Analysis
- Vessel Statistics
- Password-Protected Configuration
- Interactive Received-Vessel Map
- Raw AIS Messages
- Receiver System Statistics
- Enclosure: IP67 Environmental Protection against Dust and Water
- Connector: Type N female
- Frequency: 162 MHz
- Noise Figure: < 2 dB
- Gain: > 20 dB
- Power Supply: Coax Bias
- Input Protection: Multi-Stage Pin Diode
- Multi-GNSS disciplined time, frequency and position standard
- GPS antenna interface: SMA female
- Frequency Standard: 6 ppb
Serial Interface Details
The serial interface of the SM1680 conforms to ITU R M.1371-5 and NMEA 0183 V4.0 with additional proprietary sentences.
For full serial interface specifications, please contact us or call Shine Micro at (360) 437-2503.
Shine Micro warrants its products to be free from defects for one full year from the date of invoice. Shine Micro will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Labor and material costs for such repairs or replacement will be free of charge. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accidents, or unauthorized alterations or repair.