The phase-synchronous octal array performs packet-by-packet beam forming, resulting in sensitivity increases of 6db or more while also providing noise rejection through interferer nulling. Beam forming is performed in software, enabling the SM1680 to effectively "point" in multiple directions simultaneously; achieving co-channel rejection never before possible. Four (4) waterproof inline Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) are included, and 120-240 VAC or 12 VDC power supply options are available.
Atomic standard accuracy allows SM1680 arrays many miles apart to form phase-synchronous virtual receivers via Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI). Powerful anti-spoofing features, including Time of Arrival (TOA) measurements, allow multiple installations to verify reported vessel positions via Differential Time of Arrival (DTOA).
*Individual site performance will vary based on factors such as elevation, topography, and interference.
- Spectrum Analysis
- Noise Floor Indication
- Signal Strength Monitoring
- Configuration and Administration
- AIS Messages
- Vessel Statistics
- GPS Position
RadarPlus® SM1680 – Phase-Synchronous Octal AIS Receiver Array
- Designation: AIS RX base station
per ITU R M.1371-5
- Interface: TCP/IP Ethernet
- Power Supply: 120V-240VAC or 12VDC versions available.
- Power Consumption: <50 watts
- Temperature Range: -15 to +50 degrees C.
Serial Interface Details
For full serial interface specifications, please contact us or call Shine Micro at (360) 437-2503.
Dimensions and Weights
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 13"
- Height: 3U (5.25")
- Weight: 10 lbs.
Frequencies and Channel Bandwidth
- RX AIS1: 161.975 MHz at 25 kHz
- RX AIS2: 162.025 MHz at 25 kHz
- 16 x 10-12 at 10 MHz
- 8 channel GPS disciplined time, frequency and position standard
- GPS antenna interface: SMA connector
- AIS Data Rate: 9,600 bps
- Individual Receiver Sensitivity: ≤20% PER @ –119 dBm w/ SM1680LNA
- System Sensitivity: ≥ -125 dBm
- Co-channel Rejection: -10 dB
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70 dB
- Blocking: 84 dB
- Intermodulation: 74 dB
- Large Signal PER: 1% or better
- Image Rejection: 70 dB
- Spurious Rejection: 70 dB
- Antenna Interface: Type N connector
- The SM1680 is upgradeable and expandable via USB or Ethernet
- Enclosure: IP67 Environmental Protection against Dust, Water, UV
- Connector Type: N
- Frequency: 162 MHz
- Noise Figure: < 1 dB
- Gain: > 20 dB
- Power Supply: Coax Bias
- Multi-Stage input protection