RadarPlus® SM1680 "octopus", Phase-Synchronous Octal AIS Receiver Array
INTRODUCING THE RADARPLUS SM1680
The second in a series of disruptive technologies from Shine Micro, Inc.
Nick-named the "Octopus", each of the 8 AIS receivers in the SM1680 provides unparalleled sensitivity and performance. Maximized tracking range is achieved through advanced, real-time signal processing of four synchronized receivers on each AIS channel, using proprietary
Shine Micro software and high-accuracy GPS disciplined timing.
The octal array performs packet-by-packet "beam forming", resulting in effective sensitivity increases of 6db or more while also providing noise rejection through "interferer nulling".
Beam forming is performed in software, enabling the SM1680 to "point" in multiple directions simultaneously; achieving co-channel rejection performance never before possible.
| FEATURES *Preliminary
- Atomic Standard Accuracy
- Digital Beam Forming
- Interferer Nulling
- Anti-Spoofing Tools
- Time of Arrival (TOA)
- Differential Time of Arrival (DTOA)
|Full color, touch-screen display for: *Preliminary
- Spectrum Analysis
- Noise Floor Indication
- Signal Strength Monitoring
- AIS Messages
- Vessel statistics
- GPS Position
- Configuration and Administration
Atomic standard accuracy allows SM1680 arrays many miles apart to form phase-synchronous virtual receivers via Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI). Powerful "anti-spoofing" features, including Time of Arrival (TOA) measurements, allow multiple installations to verify reported vessel positions via Differential Time of Arrival (DTOA).
System Specifications *Preliminary
- Designation: AIS RX base station per draft ITU R M.1371-2
- Interface: TCP/IP Ethernet
- Power Supply: 120V AC
- Power Consumption: 100 watts
- Temperature Range: -15 to +50 degrees C.
Navigation Specifications *Preliminary
- 8 channel GPS disciplined time, frequency and position standard
- GPS antenna interface: F connector
Dimensions and Weights *Preliminary
- Width: 19 in.
- Length: 13 in.
- Height: 3U (5.25 in.)
- Weight: 10 lb.
Frequencies and Channel Bandwidth *Preliminary
- RX AIS1: 161.975 MHz at 25 kHz
- RX AIS2: 162.025 MHz at 25 kHz
AIS Receivers *Preliminary
- AIS Data Rate: 9,600 bits/s
- Individual Receiver Sensitivity: <20% PER @ -119 dBm
- System Sensitivity: > -125 dBm
- Co-channel Rejection: -10 dB
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70 dB
- Blocking: 84 dB
- Intermodulation: 74 dB
- Large Signal PER: 1% or better
- Image Rejection: 70 dB
- Spurious Rejection: 70 dB
- Antenna Interface: Type N connector
Enhanced Signal Analysis Package *Preliminary
TCP/IP Interface Details:
The serial interface of the RadarPlus conforms to draft ITU R M.1371-2 and NMEA 0183
V3.0 with additional proprietary sentences.
To request full serial interface specifications, please e-mail email@example.com
or call Shine Micro at (360) 437-2503.
- The SM1680 is upgradeable and expandable via USB or Ethernet.
LNA Specification *Preliminary
- Enclosure: Weather Resistant
- Connector Type: N
- Frequency: 162 MHz
- Noise Figure: < 1 dB
- Gain: >12 dB
- Power Supply: Coax Bias
- Multi-Stage input protection
Shine Micro warrants its products to be free from defects for one full
year from the date of purchase. Shine Micro will, at its sole discretion,
repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Labor and material
costs for such repairs or replacement will be free of charge. This warranty
does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accidents, or unauthorized
alterations or repair.
item is not available for online purchase.
For Purchasing Options,
Please Contact Shine