RadarPlus® TRACKER SM150 Low Cost AIS/MURS Transponder
The TRACKER SM150 is a low cost local asset tracking solution
|For U.S. Sales:
This device has not been authorized as required by the rules
of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not,
and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased,
- AIS Receiver
- MURS Receiver
- MURS Transmitter
- 12-channel GPS
- VHF antenna
- GPS antenna
- Contained in a 25 inch tube
- Mounts on a standard marine base
The transmission of vessel name, call sign, size, position, and
navigational status makes the TRACKER SM150 a comprehensive tracking
system. And now, with Short Text Messaging (STM), communication is
easier than ever.
- Encrypted Tracking
- AIS Surveillance
- Installs in minutes
- Short Text Messaging (STM)
- AIS: NMEA 0183 HS V3.0 / IEC 61162
- MURS: RS232
Multi-Use Radio Service, or MURS, is a group of VHF frequencies reserved for private, two-way communications. The TRACKER SM150 utilizes these frequencies for the automatic transmission of vessel identification data, making it a cutting-edge tool to assist with asset tracking, collision avoidance, law enforcement, and port security. Though a majority of commercial vessels are required to operate an AIS, Class A systems are expensive, complicated, and not required on all vessels, and Class B systems are not yet available.
By transponding on MURS channels and receiving on AIS channels the TRACKER provides boaters with an immediately available, low cost solution for tracking commercial marine activity as well as their own vessel and other assets like life rafts and kayaks. And unlike the AIS channels, MURS channels allow for STM activity, enabling you to stay in touch through text messages
- Designation: MURS Transponder/AIS Receiver
- Physical Serial interface: RS232 or IEC 61162
- Power Supply: 12.6V
- Power Consumption: Less than 10 watts
- Temperature: (per IEC 60945) -25 to +70 degrees C (Exposed)
- Compass Safe Distance: 1 meter
- 12 channel internal GPS and antenna
Dimensions and Weights
- Diameter: 2.0 in.
- Height: 25.0 in.
- Weight: 3 lbs.
Frequencies and Channel Bandwidth
- RX AIS: 161.975 - 162.025 MHz at 25 kHz channel spacing
- RX MURS: 151.820 MHz, 151.880 MHz, 151.940 MHz at 11.25 KHz channel spacing 154.570 MHz, 154.600 MHz at 20 KHz channel spacing
- TX MURS: 151.820 MHz, 151.880 MHz, 151.940 MHz at 11.25 KHz channel spacing 154.570 MHz, 154.600 MHz at 20 KHz channel spacing
- Power Output: < 2 watts
- Harmonic Emission: < -53 dBc
- Spurious Emission: < -53 dBc
- Frequency Accuracy: +/- 3ppm
- Data Rate: 9,600 bps
- Error Rate: <20% at -107 dBm
- Adjacent Channel Rejection: 60 dB
- Blocking: 70 dB
- Intermodulation: 60 dB
- Large Signal PER: <1%
- Image Rejection: 70 dB for 20% PER
- Spurious Rejection: 70 dB for 20% PER
- AIS Data Rate: 9,600 bps
- Sensitivity: <20% PER at -107 dBm
- Adjacent Channel Rejection: 60 dB at 25 kHz
- Blocking: 70 dB
- Intermodulation: 60 dB
- Large Signal PER: < 1%
- Image Rejection: > 70 dB for 20% PER
- Spurious Rejection: > 70 dB for 20% PER
Short Text Messages (STM)
- Transmission Protocol: CS-TDMA
- STM Types:
- Targeted: for communication with a specific unit
- Broadcast: for communication with any unit set to receive broadcast messages
- Group: for communication with units that have selected the sender as part of their defined group.
For additional information on the construction and transmission of STM please contact email@example.com
Logical Serial Interface Details:
The logical serial interface of the SM150 is a subset of IEC specification 61993-2, using a 38.4 kbps connection to a
host computer. The received AIS messages are output using the VDM sentence, and GPS location data is output using the NMEA 0183 sentences.
To request full serial interface specifications, please contact
us or call Shine Micro at (360) 437-2503.
Simple Marine Installation
- Attach the SM150 to a standard 1" x 14 threaded antenna mount.
- Connect the power cable to a 12 volt power source.
- Connect the ground lug to a solid ground.
Optionally connect the serial interface cable to a PC for STM applications and visual display.
Shine Micro warrants its products to be free from defects for one full
year from the date of purchase. Shine Micro will, at its sole discretion,
repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Labor and material
costs for such repairs or replacement will be free of charge. This warranty
does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accidents, or unauthorized
alterations or repair.